Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Chloe's Mom for President?

It is not very often that you will catch me in a political conversation. In fact, I can't stand politics. I am very decidedly INDEPENDENT and am not thrilled with either of the two major candidates. I mean, cut them in half, surgically remove all the crap, sew a half from each party together and then maybe, just maybe we can talk.

At first, I had decided just not to vote. I seriously am not a huge McCain backer and although the thought of going to "the dark side" (No racial pun is intended here, but rather a reference to my Republican political heritage and what voting Democrat would actually mean as far as the "eternal damnation of my soul" is concerned) has crossed my mind on SEVERAL occassions, I am just not that comfortable with "Baracking My Vote" as it has been so cleverly put.

Not that I want to BE the President, but I am certainly about as qualified as most. Maybe I should throw my hat in the ring? Here is a top 10 list of reasons why I should be elected president:


10. I SUCK at writing and STICKING TO a budget.

9. l'd rather overspend and HIDE it, than overspend and be accountable for it. (I mean if you ignore it, it will just go away, right?)

8. I started lying at a young age (5 to be exact). (A blog post for another time!)

7. I am good at telling everyone what they WANT to hear, rather than what they NEED to hear (just ask my kids --- candy for dinner it is!)

6. I have a few skeletons in my closet too (no sordid affairs, but my past is a little checkered).

5. I am much better at seeking my own interest than I am at putting others above myself.

4. I don't like to admit when I am wrong --- afterall, I am HARDLY EVER wrong.

3. I need a bigger house.

2. I like designer gowns, fancy parties, cocktails and the like.

and the number one reason I should be elected as president is...

1. My kids would give the Whitehouse staff a run for their money. I mean, who wouldn't want tickets to that show? (Let's see them clean up shampoo and sugar as efficiently as I now can!)

Seriously though --- who came up with these candidates? I know it is about being "electable" and "qualified," etc... Heck at this point I'd settle for someone who doesn't make up words when addressing the public, has lived on a budget and done so successfully, dared just once to buy shoes at Payless or Wal-Mart for a black tie affair (I mean sometimes less is more!), and wants less of the pomp and circumstance and more of the nitty gritty. One can only dream.

Until then, I'm writing my own name down. After all, I am the lesser of three evils.

VOTE CHLOE'S MOM in '08
I can run this country ragged, just like those who have gone before.


This political ad has been paid for by friends of Chloe and her mom.

No comments: